Thursday, February 17, 2011

Moon Walk

We all headed out for a walk tonight. Corgs. Cats. Even the Horses came out to the back pasture. I've been in a funk these past days. The "experts" call it depression. I prefer the word melancholy. There is a feeling inside that does not "depress". It saddens and hurts. And just sits inside of me. Making itself at home. I do not welcome this visitor. But she insists.

The Corgs insist on rolling in dirt. And other things. They insist on running around--chasing each other and barking. They insist on herding the cats. And twitching their noses toward the wind. The Horses insist on apples that "must" be in my pockets. And pulling the cap off my head. The Cats insist they can climb to the very top of our 150 year old oaks without falling. And they show me their skills.

I insist on nothing. Except the moon being "up there". My unwelcome visitor and I walk in the shadows of moon light. In step.

No comments:

Post a Comment