Saturday, April 23, 2011

Yesterday

My stove burner and its turn-on knob blew-up. There was abit of a fire. I ran downstairs and turned off the breaker. I do not like electrical fires. For some reason the digital stove clock is still telling me the time. Have I turned the stove off? It has been 24 hours and I smell nothing odd.

My truck wouldn't start. Who knows why. I do not like vehicle problems. I am not mechanical-minded at all. After turning and jiggling the key for a half an hour (along with much cursing)--the engine caught. And I was on my way to town. It is a 30 minite trip (each way). Anxiety ruled the miles. Made it tho. And made it home with much needed supplies.

One of my horses was not feeling well. This is always cause for concern. I do not like sick horses. They can't tell you what is wrong. All I have to go on is what I know about Emmy...a gut feeling at best. When to call the vet? It is a tuff call. She seems more "perky" this am.

We were under tornado watches and warnings all day. I do not like severe weather. It was xciting when I was younger. At 60--it is just anxiety. Very warm. Horribly humid. So very still. Even the birds were quiet. There was a smell in the air at times. (Was the breaker turned off?). At 11 last nite things settled down. But it was touch and go all day. For the next few days rain is to come down in buckets.

Today I'm joining the Corgs on the couch. Covered in hair tho it is. They know how to take some R and R.

1 comment:

  1. These cute dogs on the couch looks adorable!

    I hope the tornado goes away.

    Have a Happy Thanksgiving Day!

    ReplyDelete